Roles and Responsibilities:
• Interface regularly with design engineers to understand the part design intent, fit, form and function as well as manufacturing/assembly considerations
• Check part and assembly drawings thoroughly for appropriate GD&T call-outs, part feature tolerances, surface finish requirements, material specifications, heat treatment, test specifications, inspection requirements and manufacturing feasibility
• Perform or assist in critical stack-up calculations as required considering tolerance variations in the stack-up path
• Sign-off final part drawings to release for manufacturing
• Use of CAD tools such as Creo (Pro/E), Inventor, AutoCAD and SolidWorks to generate 3D CAD designs and 2D drawings
• Interface with customers design departments to understand their 3D modeling and 2D drafting standards/guidelines and design release process
• Coach/guide junior engineers on GD&T, manufacturing considerations in design and inspection methods
• Use technical expertise to generate creative and innovative solutions to design problems/issues
• Interface with internal manufacturing engineers and component suppliers to understand different manufacturing processes and limitations
• Experience could be mix of both Manufacturing and Engineering services.
• Good knowledge of Casting, Forging and machining process.
• To follow company drawing standards and practices
• Prior experience on reviewing and ensure error-free engineering drawing with respect to Manufacturability.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Drawing Quality Engineer with a minimum experience of 5 Years.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
Salary : Negotiable